Stunt drivers close freeway
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- The California Highway Patrol is trying to locate a group of drivers who briefly shut down part of a San Francisco Bay area freeway while they performed stunts in the middle of the road.
Sgt. Rob Barrera said Monday that the CHP is confident that someone will be prosecuted for the brazen sideshow that stopped traffic on Interstate 880 near the Oakland Coliseum on Saturday afternoon. Barrera declined additional comment.
Video clips show at least a half-dozen cars peeling out from the shoulder and doing doughnuts in the road while other vehicles stack up behind the demonstration.
california, automobiles, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 27 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
18 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
27 min ago