Man stops for beer after breakout
BURGETTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania man stopped at a bar and had a beer minutes after he broke out of a police station holding cell after his arrest on an assault charge.
The Washington County public defender's office on Wednesday declined to comment on the charges filed against 40-year-old Smith Township resident Timothy Bonner.
Police say they were processing Bonner, removed his handcuffs, and placed him in the cell. That's when Bonner allegedly knocked the cell door off its hinges and ran away.
After stopping at a house to borrow shoes, police say Bonner went to Richy's Bar, where a customer tells a local television station that the suspect acknowledged breaking out of jail and then asked for a beer.
The customer says he bought a beer for Bonner, who didn't get to enjoy it before police arrested him.
pennsylvania, alcohol, beer, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?