City reviews 14 mph speed limit
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Aspen city council members are considering a 14 mph speed limit in a residential area of the Colorado mountain town in attempt to get the attention of drivers and have them slow down.
Residents say few drivers are obeying the current 25 mph speed limit and are ignoring other efforts to protect people.
A local newspaper reports that Mayor Mick Ireland suggested an 18 mph limit because the number is out of the ordinary for a speed limit. After further discussion, council members decided to drop the proposed limit down to 14 mph.
colorado, automobiles, driving, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing 48 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 46 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
46 min ago