Woman forgets to set bear trap
NEW CASTLE, Pa. (AP) - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania woman says a bear trap didn't prevent a burglar from entering her home.
A local newspaper reports that the woman told police that she usually keeps a large bear trap at the bottom of her basement steps, but forgot to set it on Sunday, when a burglar stole tools from the home.
Police say they suggested the woman find a different way of protecting her home from intruders.
pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 9 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 23 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
28 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos