Beer powered by beer
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Powered by -- beer!
The Alaskan Brewing Company is turning cold ones into hot ones.
The beer maker has installed a unique boiler system in order to cut costs.
The furnace burns the spent grain from the brewing process.
Company officials joke they're now serving "beer-powered beer."
The company estimates the brewski-powered boiler will save about $450,000 a year in fuel costs.
alaska, alcohol, beer, bizarre bazaar
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr