Beer powered by beer
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Powered by -- beer!
The Alaskan Brewing Company is turning cold ones into hot ones.
The beer maker has installed a unique boiler system in order to cut costs.
The furnace burns the spent grain from the brewing process.
Company officials joke they're now serving "beer-powered beer."
The company estimates the brewski-powered boiler will save about $450,000 a year in fuel costs.
alaska, alcohol, beer, bizarre bazaar
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 50 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 51 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 55 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
48 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Reducing radiation...
3 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
41 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
51 min ago