Sheep known for butting vehicles at park dies
LANDER, Wyo. (AP) - Fabruary 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A bighorn sheep named Bam Bam because of his habit of butting vehicles at a Wyoming park has died with his horns, likely of natural causes.
He was the last survivor of the bighorn sheep herd in Sinks Canyon State Park near Lander.
Bam Bam became a local celebrity of sorts when he began showing up near the park's main road in 2007 and allowed people to pet him. He earned the name Bam Bam because he liked to butt vehicles.
Fearing for the sheep's and visitors' safety, park managers moved Bam Bam to an enclosed state facility near Wheatland in 2009.
Sinks Canyon Superintendent Darrel Trembly says Bam Bam will be mounted by a taxidermist and put on display in the park's visitor center.
wyoming, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 10 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 35 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 27 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 54 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ