Pocket dial, low battery leads to burglar
SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ohio say a pocket-dialing prowler got himself arrested after his cellphone turned informant. Twice.
Investigators say an emergency operator traced an accidental 911 call on Tuesday night to a home in Sidney, about 60 miles northwest of Columbus.
Shelby County sheriff's deputies dispatched to check on the house found a window forced open. They arrested Douglas Wolaver, of Piqua, inside.
The sheriff's office says Wolaver was found in a bathroom after his phone's low-battery alert led deputies to his hiding place.
Wolaver is charged with breaking and entering. A phone listing for him was disconnected.
ohio, dumb criminals, cell phones, burglary, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 30 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 23 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?