Pocket dial, low battery leads to burglar
SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ohio say a pocket-dialing prowler got himself arrested after his cellphone turned informant. Twice.
Investigators say an emergency operator traced an accidental 911 call on Tuesday night to a home in Sidney, about 60 miles northwest of Columbus.
Shelby County sheriff's deputies dispatched to check on the house found a window forced open. They arrested Douglas Wolaver, of Piqua, inside.
The sheriff's office says Wolaver was found in a bathroom after his phone's low-battery alert led deputies to his hiding place.
Wolaver is charged with breaking and entering. A phone listing for him was disconnected.
ohio, dumb criminals, cell phones, burglary, bizarre bazaar
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 8 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 36 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests