Pocket dial, low battery leads to burglar
SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ohio say a pocket-dialing prowler got himself arrested after his cellphone turned informant. Twice.
Investigators say an emergency operator traced an accidental 911 call on Tuesday night to a home in Sidney, about 60 miles northwest of Columbus.
Shelby County sheriff's deputies dispatched to check on the house found a window forced open. They arrested Douglas Wolaver, of Piqua, inside.
The sheriff's office says Wolaver was found in a bathroom after his phone's low-battery alert led deputies to his hiding place.
Wolaver is charged with breaking and entering. A phone listing for him was disconnected.
ohio, dumb criminals, cell phones, burglary, bizarre bazaar
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll 3 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis