Pocket dial, low battery leads to burglar
SIDNEY, Ohio (AP) - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ohio say a pocket-dialing prowler got himself arrested after his cellphone turned informant. Twice.
Investigators say an emergency operator traced an accidental 911 call on Tuesday night to a home in Sidney, about 60 miles northwest of Columbus.
Shelby County sheriff's deputies dispatched to check on the house found a window forced open. They arrested Douglas Wolaver, of Piqua, inside.
The sheriff's office says Wolaver was found in a bathroom after his phone's low-battery alert led deputies to his hiding place.
Wolaver is charged with breaking and entering. A phone listing for him was disconnected.
ohio, dumb criminals, cell phones, burglary, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- Woman fired after tweet on AIDS in Africa... 30 min ago
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Space suit issue prompts delay of second spacewalk 14 min ago