Woman makes spectacle of self, returns glasses
MONROEVILLE, Pa. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has returned a pair of $2,000 eyeglasses she stole from a Pittsburgh-area shop after she made a spectacle of herself when surveillance video of the heist was broadcast on the local TV news.
Brad Childs, vice president of the Eyetique in Penn Center, tells a local television station that the woman called the store after the station broadcast the video of Wednesday night's theft.
The woman, who isn't being identified and has not been charged by police, can be seen taking the glasses from a locked case while a man distracted a sales clerk.
Childs says the woman phoned him "after she saw herself on the news and asked me what we could do."
Police in Wilkins Township haven't decided whether the woman will be charged.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases