Woman makes spectacle of self, returns glasses
MONROEVILLE, Pa. (AP) - February 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has returned a pair of $2,000 eyeglasses she stole from a Pittsburgh-area shop after she made a spectacle of herself when surveillance video of the heist was broadcast on the local TV news.
Brad Childs, vice president of the Eyetique in Penn Center, tells a local television station that the woman called the store after the station broadcast the video of Wednesday night's theft.
The woman, who isn't being identified and has not been charged by police, can be seen taking the glasses from a locked case while a man distracted a sales clerk.
Childs says the woman phoned him "after she saw herself on the news and asked me what we could do."
Police in Wilkins Township haven't decided whether the woman will be charged.
pennsylvania, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 43 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
43 min ago