Shot reported at Pa. campus was newspaper
GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP) - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Pennsylvania say a student's report of a gunshot being fired was instead the sound of a newspaper hitting the sidewalk.
Gettysburg police Chief Joseph Dougherty says a Gettysburg College student had reported that someone in a white sedan fired a shot early Saturday morning. But Dougherty says police investigated and determined the sound came from a newspaper delivery driver throwing a paper from her vehicle.
After the report, the college alerted students and employees via text messages, voicemails and emails. A college spokeswoman says an all-clear message was sent around 8:30 a.m.
gettysburg, pennsylvania, guns, bizarre bazaar
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 35 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 21 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 23 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 33 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 24 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 26 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 13 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 32 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 34 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
26 min ago