Shot reported at Pa. campus was newspaper
GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP) - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Pennsylvania say a student's report of a gunshot being fired was instead the sound of a newspaper hitting the sidewalk.
Gettysburg police Chief Joseph Dougherty says a Gettysburg College student had reported that someone in a white sedan fired a shot early Saturday morning. But Dougherty says police investigated and determined the sound came from a newspaper delivery driver throwing a paper from her vehicle.
After the report, the college alerted students and employees via text messages, voicemails and emails. A college spokeswoman says an all-clear message was sent around 8:30 a.m.
gettysburg, pennsylvania, guns, bizarre bazaar
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 20 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 40 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
39 min ago