911 call asking for cigarettes leads to arrest
GRANBURY, Texas (AP) - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Texas woman wanted to make sheriff's deputies the butt of a joke, but she picked the wrong audience when she called 911 to have cigarettes delivered to her home.
Hood County sheriff's Lt. Kathy Jividen says the 48-year-old woman was "very intoxicated" when she requested the special delivery on Feb. 11.
Jividen says the caller instead received a visit from two deputies and was arrested. She was charged with a misdemeanor count of abuse of 911. She was later released from the Hood County jail on a $1,000 bond.
The woman lives in Granbury, about 65 miles southwest of Dallas.
Jividen says the woman thought it would be amusing to call 911 to place her order.
texas, 9-1-1 call, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Upper Providence police investigate 2 bank robberies 50 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load