911 call asking for cigarettes leads to arrest
GRANBURY, Texas (AP) - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Texas woman wanted to make sheriff's deputies the butt of a joke, but she picked the wrong audience when she called 911 to have cigarettes delivered to her home.
Hood County sheriff's Lt. Kathy Jividen says the 48-year-old woman was "very intoxicated" when she requested the special delivery on Feb. 11.
Jividen says the caller instead received a visit from two deputies and was arrested. She was charged with a misdemeanor count of abuse of 911. She was later released from the Hood County jail on a $1,000 bond.
The woman lives in Granbury, about 65 miles southwest of Dallas.
Jividen says the woman thought it would be amusing to call 911 to place her order.
texas, 9-1-1 call, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 12 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
13 min ago