911 call asking for cigarettes leads to arrest
GRANBURY, Texas (AP) - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Texas woman wanted to make sheriff's deputies the butt of a joke, but she picked the wrong audience when she called 911 to have cigarettes delivered to her home.
Hood County sheriff's Lt. Kathy Jividen says the 48-year-old woman was "very intoxicated" when she requested the special delivery on Feb. 11.
Jividen says the caller instead received a visit from two deputies and was arrested. She was charged with a misdemeanor count of abuse of 911. She was later released from the Hood County jail on a $1,000 bond.
The woman lives in Granbury, about 65 miles southwest of Dallas.
Jividen says the woman thought it would be amusing to call 911 to place her order.
texas, 9-1-1 call, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 6 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
23 min ago