10-year-old boy calls 911 to avoid his bedtime
BROCKTON, Mass. (AP) - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Massachusetts say a 10-year-old boy called 911 because he didn't want to go to bed.
Brockton police say the boy made the emergency call just after 8 p.m. Wednesday and told the dispatcher he was calling to report his mother because he did not want to go to bed.
There was no emergency.
The Enterprise reports that according to the police log, an officer went to the boy's home and explained to him when it's appropriate - and when it's not - to call 911.
No one was charged.
Information from: The (Brockton, Mass.) Enterprise
massachusetts, 9-1-1 call, bizarre bazaar
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 21 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 3 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
24 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos