Woman, 104, forced to lie about age on Facebook
GROSSE POINTE SHORES, Mich. (AP) - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Facebook is apologizing for a problem that makes a 104-year-old Michigan woman lie about her age on the social media website.
Marguerite Joseph's granddaughter says Facebook won't let Joseph list her real age.
Gail Marlow says when she tries inputting her grandmother's birth year as 1908, Facebook changes it to 1928. So for the past two years, the Grosse Pointe Shores centenarian has remained 99 - online, anyway.
Joseph is legally blind and can't hear well, but Marlow reads and responds to all her Facebook messages.
Marlow tells a local televisionstation that she'd "love to see" Joseph's real age posted and chalks it up to "a glitch in the system."
Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes told The Associated Press on Wednesday that it's working to fix a problem limiting used of pre-1910 birthdates.
michigan, facebook, bizarre bazaar
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 11 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 47 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 3 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
11 min ago