Woman, 104, forced to lie about age on Facebook
GROSSE POINTE SHORES, Mich. (AP) - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Facebook is apologizing for a problem that makes a 104-year-old Michigan woman lie about her age on the social media website.
Marguerite Joseph's granddaughter says Facebook won't let Joseph list her real age.
Gail Marlow says when she tries inputting her grandmother's birth year as 1908, Facebook changes it to 1928. So for the past two years, the Grosse Pointe Shores centenarian has remained 99 - online, anyway.
Joseph is legally blind and can't hear well, but Marlow reads and responds to all her Facebook messages.
Marlow tells a local televisionstation that she'd "love to see" Joseph's real age posted and chalks it up to "a glitch in the system."
Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes told The Associated Press on Wednesday that it's working to fix a problem limiting used of pre-1910 birthdates.
michigan, facebook, bizarre bazaar
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 39 min ago
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Pedestrian struck by car in Milford, Del. gets cited
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
39 min ago