Car owner finds would-be thief asleep
VIENNA (AP) - February 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Like anywhere, dozing off behind the wheel in Austria can be deadly. But for one teen-ager it will likely result in a charge of attempted car theft.
State broadcaster ORF cites police saying they are have identified a 17-year-old male as the likely suspect after a woman found her vehicle partially hot-wired, a door forced open and a youth apparently drunk and fast asleep inside.
ORF said Tuesday the unnamed culprit rewired the vehicle to its normal state and walked off after being discovered Sunday. He was traced after the owner reported the incident to police.
A policeman in Salzburg province confirmed the incident on the phone. He refused to identify both himself and those involved.
austria, automobiles, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 42 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 34 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 42 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 29 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 40 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 39 min ago
- Sandusky lawyer sued over $25,000 credit card debt 44 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in...
39 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
42 min ago