People, pooches team up to fight flab
CHICAGO (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Can't get rid of that paunch?
A Chicago-area gym suggests working out with your pooch.
K9 Fit Club offers bow wow boot camps and other classes for people and their puppies to exercise together in Chicago and nearby Hinsdale, Ill.
The fitness center opened last year after founder Tricia Montgomery exercised with her dog and lost 130 pounds. Montgomery says her late basset hound, named Louie, lost 22 percent of his body weight.
Fans of the gym say classes are beneficial to both man and man's best friend.
Montgomery says dogs struggle with the same weight issues that people face, including heart problems and diabetes.
People who work out at K9 Fit Club say exercising with their dogs keeps them motivated.
Classes cost about $20.
chicago, illinois, animals, dogs, pets, weight loss, bizarre bazaar
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos