Man taken to hospital with screwdriver in head
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Polish doctors say a 25-year-old man has undergone a three-hour operation to remove a screwdriver lodged about five centimeters (two inches) into his head.
Dr. Jan Kochanowicz, one of the doctors who treated the man in the Polish city of Bialystok, said the man apparently fell and lost consciousness, but does not remember that.
When he regained consciousness he was at first aware only of pain in a hand before realizing something else was wrong. He walked to his car, looked in a mirror and noticed the screwdriver, penetrating his forehead just above his right eye.
Kochanowicz told the station TVN24 the man smoked a cigarette before calling a neighbor who got him to the hospital.
The screwdriver did not damage the man's eyes or brain.
poland, hospitals, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 19 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 42 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
42 min ago