Company rewards workers with Beer Cart Friday
PORT ORANGE, Fla. (AP) - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Employees at a Florida health care company are allowed to drink on the company's tab, on company time, thanks to a perk known as "Beer Cart Fridays."
Advance Medical CEO Jennifer Fuicelli told a local newspaper that she's been rolling out the beer cart for two years as part of an "unorthodox corporate culture" that rewards employees for hard work.
She says the company began in 2005 with four employees and now has 350 workers in two locations - Port Orange, Fla., and Broomfield, Colo.
The company also hosts costume days for Halloween, barbecues on the clock and a birthday "get out of jail free" card, which can be used for a paid day off.
Employees are restricted to one beer, which Fuicelli says is a small price that "pays huge dividends."
florida, alcohol, beer, bizarre bazaar
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 33 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 35 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 44 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 34 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
33 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
35 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
44 min ago