Hotel maid takes 13 pills from Room 13
INDUSTRY, Pa. (AP) - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have charge a former maid with stealing 13 painkiller pills from Room 13 at a family-owned western Pennsylvania motel.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 34-year-old Adria Maceross, of Industry, who was charged by Beaver police with stealing the drugs on March 1.
Police say the owners of the Willows Inn on Route 68 contacted them after guests complained about money and prescription drugs being stolen from their rooms last month.
So Beaver police Chief Dan Madgar tells a local newspaper that police installed a camera, disguised as an alarm clock, on Feb. 13 in Room 13 to see who was behind the thefts.
On March 1, police say they saw Maceross put a pill bottle in her pocket and say she later confessed to taking 13 pills in it that day.
pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 13 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail 28 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint 22 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
13 min ago