Hotel maid takes 13 pills from Room 13
INDUSTRY, Pa. (AP) - March 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have charge a former maid with stealing 13 painkiller pills from Room 13 at a family-owned western Pennsylvania motel.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 34-year-old Adria Maceross, of Industry, who was charged by Beaver police with stealing the drugs on March 1.
Police say the owners of the Willows Inn on Route 68 contacted them after guests complained about money and prescription drugs being stolen from their rooms last month.
So Beaver police Chief Dan Madgar tells a local newspaper that police installed a camera, disguised as an alarm clock, on Feb. 13 in Room 13 to see who was behind the thefts.
On March 1, police say they saw Maceross put a pill bottle in her pocket and say she later confessed to taking 13 pills in it that day.
pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
13 min ago