Finnish hotel seeks professional guest for 35 days
HELSINKI (AP) - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fed up with the neighbors? Pipes burst in the kitchen? Or, you just want to get away from it all for a while?
Hotel Finn in the heart of Helsinki might just be the ticket - they're seeking a "professional sleeper" for 35 days to test their rooms and write all about it.
Hotel manager Tio Tikka says he thought up the stunt to help promote the hotel after lengthy renovations.
Tikka said Wednesday that they were looking for a "dynamic person to write a quality blog" about their daily experiences at the basic hotel, which has no bar or restaurant.
Requirements: Fluent Finnish and English, Russian a plus. The job opens May 17 with applications closing end of April.
So far more that 600 would-be hotel sleepers have applied.
hotels, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 26 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 12 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 2 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 17 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
12 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
26 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos