Finnish hotel seeks professional guest for 35 days
HELSINKI (AP) - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fed up with the neighbors? Pipes burst in the kitchen? Or, you just want to get away from it all for a while?
Hotel Finn in the heart of Helsinki might just be the ticket - they're seeking a "professional sleeper" for 35 days to test their rooms and write all about it.
Hotel manager Tio Tikka says he thought up the stunt to help promote the hotel after lengthy renovations.
Tikka said Wednesday that they were looking for a "dynamic person to write a quality blog" about their daily experiences at the basic hotel, which has no bar or restaurant.
Requirements: Fluent Finnish and English, Russian a plus. The job opens May 17 with applications closing end of April.
So far more that 600 would-be hotel sleepers have applied.
hotels, bizarre bazaar
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish