A fast food joint in the joint
CINCINNATI (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a fast food joint -- in the joint.
Inmates are grilling burgers and cooking fries at the River City Correction Facility in Cincinnati.
The idea is to train prisoners for jobs once they're released.
The cooking is done in the prison's regular kitchen, but on Thursdays it's turned over to a fast food menu.
Inmates also learn skills that have nothing do with a spatula.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports they're taught there's no long hair, no tardiness and no swearing at customers.
The program is run with Frisch's, the Cincinnati-based company known more for its Big Boy and fish sandwiches.
ohio, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos