A fast food joint in the joint
CINCINNATI (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a fast food joint -- in the joint.
Inmates are grilling burgers and cooking fries at the River City Correction Facility in Cincinnati.
The idea is to train prisoners for jobs once they're released.
The cooking is done in the prison's regular kitchen, but on Thursdays it's turned over to a fast food menu.
Inmates also learn skills that have nothing do with a spatula.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports they're taught there's no long hair, no tardiness and no swearing at customers.
The program is run with Frisch's, the Cincinnati-based company known more for its Big Boy and fish sandwiches.
ohio, bizarre bazaar
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 17 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve 1 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed