A fast food joint in the joint
CINCINNATI (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a fast food joint -- in the joint.
Inmates are grilling burgers and cooking fries at the River City Correction Facility in Cincinnati.
The idea is to train prisoners for jobs once they're released.
The cooking is done in the prison's regular kitchen, but on Thursdays it's turned over to a fast food menu.
Inmates also learn skills that have nothing do with a spatula.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports they're taught there's no long hair, no tardiness and no swearing at customers.
The program is run with Frisch's, the Cincinnati-based company known more for its Big Boy and fish sandwiches.
ohio, bizarre bazaar
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 6 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 51 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 9 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
53 min ago