Hanging up on payphones
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Boulder, Colorado, is hanging up on its downtown payphones.
City leaders say with most people using cellphones these days, it makes sense to pull the plug.
Officials tell The Daily Camera newspaper the city will terminate a contract that provided four phones on the Pearl Street Mall.
Revenue from the phones amounted to little more than pocket change.
Boulder officials hope to have the phones out by next month.
colorado, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 26 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
53 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
26 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
56 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
4 min ago