Man calls 911, reports he's driving drunk
ROSELAWN, Ind. (AP) - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A northern Indiana man who called 911 and told dispatchers he was driving drunk and needed to be taken off the road got his wish when a sheriff's deputy arrived.
State Police say 24-year-old Matthew Devore of Logansport was arrested early Monday along Interstate 65 in Jasper County. Police said Devore had a blood-alcohol level of .09, just over Indiana's legal limit for driving. He was being held at the Jasper County Jail on a driving while intoxicated charge.
State Police say Devore lost control of his car early Monday and it ended up in a grassy median with a flat tire.
Police say Devore then called 911, saying he was a drunk and needed to be taken off the road. A sheriff's deputy was then dispatched to the scene.
indiana, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 22 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 1 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 46 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
23 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
46 min ago