The dog ate my money
HELENA, Mont. (AP) - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Montana man whose 12-year-old golden retriever ate five $100 bills hopes to be reimbursed by the federal government.
Wayne Klinkel tells a local newspaper that his dog Sundance ate the bills while he and his wife were on a road trip to visit their daughter.
Klinkel says he carefully picked through the dog's droppings, and his daughter recovered more when snow melted.
He says he washed the remnants of the bills and taped them together and sent them to the Treasury Department's Bureau of Engraving and Printing with an explanation of what happened.
The bureau's website says an "experienced mutilated currency examiner" will determine if at least 51 percent of a bill is present and eligible for reimbursement. The process can take up to two years.
montana, animals, dogs, dumb criminals, money, bizarre bazaar
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 49 min ago
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 57 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
49 min ago
- Suspicious package found outside Planet...
57 min ago
- Fire crews battle house fire in Montgomery...
26 min ago