Pa. juvey escapee stole some Cheetos, police say
GROVE CITY, Pa. - April 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A boy who briefly escaped from a western Pennsylvania juvenile detention facility apparently had the munchies.
State police in Mercer say the boy, who isn't being named because of his age, escaped from George Junior Republic near Grove City by hiding next to a tree on Monday night. Once he was in the clear, police say the boy walked to a nearby Wal-Mart where he stole a $3.49 bag worth of Cheetos about 11 p.m.
Police say staff at the juvenile reform school found the boy walking near the store's parking lot and returned him to custody.
According to the Frito-Lay web site, "Cheetos Snacks are the playfully mischievous cheesy crunch that add a little lighten-up moment to any day."
pennsylvania, food, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 42 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 41 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 18 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
41 min ago