Man steals $11K from friend's home
MIDLAND, Pa. (AP) - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- With a friend like this, who needs enemies?
Police in the western Pennsylvania borough of Midland say 29-year-old Christopher Aeschbacher was caught selling five rings taken from a friend's home in an $11,000 burglary.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Aeschbacher who remained jailed Thursday. He's not charged in the burglary itself, but with receiving stolen property because police say he sold five of seven rings taken in the December burglary of his friend's home. The rings were worth $7,300, but he sold them at a jewelry shop for $850 last month.
The Beaver County Times reports Aeschbacher's friend told police he came to her home Dec. 20 before they left in separate cars. The friend says Aeschbacher then returned to the home without her where she later found $11,000 in cash and jewels missing.
pennsylvania, money, bizarre bazaar
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 29 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 27 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 32 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more