Woman cited for calling 911 seeking divorce
GIRARD, Pa. (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have cited a 42-year-old Pennsylvania woman for disorderly conduct after she called 911 requesting a divorce and police assistance to make her husband leave.
Troopers say the woman called just after 1 a.m. Saturday asking that officers be sent to her home in Girard Township in northwestern Pennsylvania.
Police say they explained to the woman, whom they are not identifying, that a divorce is a civil matter and that they could not make her husband leave the residence because no crime had been committed.
Instead, police have cited the woman for disorderly conduct and misusing the Erie County 911 system.
pennsylvania, 9-1-1 call, divorce, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire 31 min ago
- Winds Ease Overnight 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 45 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
26 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
31 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
23 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
42 min ago