Woman cited for calling 911 seeking divorce
GIRARD, Pa. (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have cited a 42-year-old Pennsylvania woman for disorderly conduct after she called 911 requesting a divorce and police assistance to make her husband leave.
Troopers say the woman called just after 1 a.m. Saturday asking that officers be sent to her home in Girard Township in northwestern Pennsylvania.
Police say they explained to the woman, whom they are not identifying, that a divorce is a civil matter and that they could not make her husband leave the residence because no crime had been committed.
Instead, police have cited the woman for disorderly conduct and misusing the Erie County 911 system.
pennsylvania, 9-1-1 call, divorce, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 30 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 26 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 26 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
30 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
14 min ago