Swallowed ring recovered by police
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they've got the $3,200 engagement ring a New Hampshire allegedly swallowed during an attempted jewelry store theft.
Authorities charged 52-year-old Ronald Perley with theft and falsifying physical evidence after they say X-rays showed the 14-karat white-gold ring with princess-cut diamonds inside him.
A local television station reports Manchester police had recovered the ring as of Saturday.
Perley allegedly went into Bellman's Jewelers on Thursday asking about engagement rings. Workers said he grabbed a ring then swallowed it after being confronted.
Police say surveillance footage shows Perley taking the ring and putting his hand to his mouth.
Perley was being held on $50,000 bail. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
new hampshire, jewelry, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 16 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 15 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 39 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 17 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
13 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
15 min ago