Swallowed ring recovered by police
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they've got the $3,200 engagement ring a New Hampshire allegedly swallowed during an attempted jewelry store theft.
Authorities charged 52-year-old Ronald Perley with theft and falsifying physical evidence after they say X-rays showed the 14-karat white-gold ring with princess-cut diamonds inside him.
A local television station reports Manchester police had recovered the ring as of Saturday.
Perley allegedly went into Bellman's Jewelers on Thursday asking about engagement rings. Workers said he grabbed a ring then swallowed it after being confronted.
Police say surveillance footage shows Perley taking the ring and putting his hand to his mouth.
Perley was being held on $50,000 bail. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
new hampshire, jewelry, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 15 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes