Turning old fur into teddy bears
CATHLAMET, Wash. (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pat Talbott would never wear a fur coat.
But she doesn't want to see them thrown away either.
The 71-year-old Washington state woman turns old fur coats into teddy bears.
She buys the furs at auctions and thrift shops, then makes them into toys.
The Longview Daily News reports families will also bring furs to Talbott and ask her to make bears.
She adds kids remember grandma when they have a teddy bear made from her fur coat.
washington, bizarre bazaar
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 37 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
26 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
50 min ago