Turning old fur into teddy bears
CATHLAMET, Wash. (AP) - April 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pat Talbott would never wear a fur coat.
But she doesn't want to see them thrown away either.
The 71-year-old Washington state woman turns old fur coats into teddy bears.
She buys the furs at auctions and thrift shops, then makes them into toys.
The Longview Daily News reports families will also bring furs to Talbott and ask her to make bears.
She adds kids remember grandma when they have a teddy bear made from her fur coat.
washington, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 1 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos