Man's bad idea results in crash
JAMESTOWN, N.Y. (AP) - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- It turns out coasting an SUV with no brakes downhill to a scrap yard isn't a good idea after all.
Police say a 28-year-old man found that out Tuesday evening when he attempted to drive an SUV to a scrap yard in Jamestown, 60 miles south of Buffalo.
Officers tell a local newspaper that the man told them he had disconnected the battery before coasting down a hill to get to a nearby scrap yard. Police say he also told them the 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe had no brakes.
Officials say he was unable to stop at an intersection and collided with another vehicle. He and the other driver suffered minor injuries.
The man was charged with reckless endangerment, failure to stop at a stop sign and having inadequate brakes.
new york, accident, automobiles, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 58 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 42 min ago