Man's bad idea results in crash
JAMESTOWN, N.Y. (AP) - April 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- It turns out coasting an SUV with no brakes downhill to a scrap yard isn't a good idea after all.
Police say a 28-year-old man found that out Tuesday evening when he attempted to drive an SUV to a scrap yard in Jamestown, 60 miles south of Buffalo.
Officers tell a local newspaper that the man told them he had disconnected the battery before coasting down a hill to get to a nearby scrap yard. Police say he also told them the 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe had no brakes.
Officials say he was unable to stop at an intersection and collided with another vehicle. He and the other driver suffered minor injuries.
The man was charged with reckless endangerment, failure to stop at a stop sign and having inadequate brakes.
new york, accident, automobiles, bizarre bazaar
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 24 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief