No jogging here please
SALEM, Ore. (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- You can walk but you can't run at three national wildlife refuges in Oregon.
A no jogging sign has been posted at the Baskett Slough National Wildlife Refuge.
The rule also applies at two other areas.
Officials say people running through the woods can stress-out the animals and might interfere with breeding.
Hiking is encouraged, though.
The regulation is surprise to runner Tracy Gannaway.
Gannaway tells the Statesman Journal it's Oregon and they run everywhere.
oregon, animals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 3 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
36 min ago