Prom comes to a hospital
ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Patrick Dawn couldn't go to his high school prom.
So, the prom came to him.
Patrick is a senior at South Dakota's Aberdeen Central High.
He needed emergency stomach surgery last week and was still in the hospital Saturday night.
Dozens of his fellow students stopped by the hospital dressed in their tuxedos and gowns before the prom.
Patrick tells the Aberdeen American News it was awesome.
Patrick's father David says he can't believe how fast the impromptu prom came together.
He says the whole thing was organized in less than 24 hours.
south dakota, hospitals, students, bizarre bazaar
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish