Prom comes to a hospital
ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Patrick Dawn couldn't go to his high school prom.
So, the prom came to him.
Patrick is a senior at South Dakota's Aberdeen Central High.
He needed emergency stomach surgery last week and was still in the hospital Saturday night.
Dozens of his fellow students stopped by the hospital dressed in their tuxedos and gowns before the prom.
Patrick tells the Aberdeen American News it was awesome.
Patrick's father David says he can't believe how fast the impromptu prom came together.
He says the whole thing was organized in less than 24 hours.
south dakota, hospitals, students, bizarre bazaar
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 40 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 35 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 3 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos