Cartel-linked man arrested on dance floor
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - April 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal officials say a suspected drug trafficker affiliated with the deadly Sinaloa Cartel couldn't dance his troubles away.
Omar Cota was taken into custody early Friday off a dance floor at Route 66 Casino's Club Envy in New Mexico. Officials say federal agents and police in Laguna arrested the 28-year-old after receiving a tip that he liked to go to the casino.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Cota had an outstanding federal arrest warrant for drug trafficking and had eluded federal agents since February 2012.
Authorities say agents found a large amount of cash and suspected drugs with Cota, who is believed to be a member of the Brew Town gang.
It was unclear if Cota had an attorney.
new mexico, bizarre bazaar
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 42 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 39 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 45 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 21 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
32 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos