Cartel-linked man arrested on dance floor
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - April 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal officials say a suspected drug trafficker affiliated with the deadly Sinaloa Cartel couldn't dance his troubles away.
Omar Cota was taken into custody early Friday off a dance floor at Route 66 Casino's Club Envy in New Mexico. Officials say federal agents and police in Laguna arrested the 28-year-old after receiving a tip that he liked to go to the casino.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Cota had an outstanding federal arrest warrant for drug trafficking and had eluded federal agents since February 2012.
Authorities say agents found a large amount of cash and suspected drugs with Cota, who is believed to be a member of the Brew Town gang.
It was unclear if Cota had an attorney.
new mexico, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 48 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
21 min ago