Just two more seconds
LANDOVER, Md. (AP) - April 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- What's a couple of seconds worth?
How about a-quarter of a million dollars?
The University of Maryland says its human-powered helicopter flew for 58 seconds over the weekend.
Good -- but not good enough to win the $250,000 Sikorsky Prize.
The competition requires a flight of longer than 60 seconds, at height of 10 feet.
No one has been able to claim the prize since it was created in 1980.
maryland, money, bizarre bazaar
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash