Man tries to blame DUI on grandma
ROCHESTER, Pa. (AP) - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a western Pennsylvania man tried to blame his drunken driving on his grandmother. The only problem is, she wasn't there.
Twenty-two-year-old John Ventresca Jr., of Center Township, faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday on drunken driving and other charges stemming from the incident on March 2.
That's when Rochester police were called to a convenience store after witnesses saw Ventresca pull into a parking lot, but not before striking other cars and hitting a pole in front of the store.
When police arrived, they say Ventresca told them his grandma had been driving and that she was using the store's restroom. He explained the erratic driving by saying the woman had a broken shoulder and was taking pain pills.
Police charged Ventresca after finding the woman wasn't in the rest room - or anywhere else nearby.
pennsylvania, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 9 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 42 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 53 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 32 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
34 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg...
32 min ago
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
29 min ago
- Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
24 min ago