Calif. school blunder: All dressed up but no prom
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Everyone got stood up at one Southern California high school's prom. The dance itself was a no-show.
A Los Angeles television station reports that dozens of tuxedo-clad and corsage-wearing teens from Bloomington High School traveled 40 miles to Santa Anita Park on Saturday, only to discover they hadn't been told that the date of the big night had changed.
Instead of the enchanting evening they were expecting, students were served chicken strips in a hastily arranged small hall where someone played music from a laptop computer.
The San Bernardino County school's calendar and the prom invitations listed the event on April 27, but it was slated for May 4.
Principal Ignacio Cabrera says there was miscommunication with event planners.
A semi-formal substitute event is planned for May 18.
california, school, bizarre bazaar
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 55 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 7 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76 32 min ago
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
32 min ago