Cops release video of couple swiping tiny pup
GIBSONIA, Pa. (AP) - May 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released surveillance video from a Pittsburgh-area pet store where they believe a couple stole a tiny Pomeranian puppy worth $700 by concealing it in the woman's purse.
Hampton Township police released the video Tuesday in hopes someone will recognize the couple seen in the Seahorse pet store on Route 8, just after 2 p.m. Saturday.
Police say the video shows the man adjusting a non-working video camera - apparently in hopes it won't record the event - before the woman goes into the store's puppy area. That's where police believe the woman stuffed the tiny pup into her purse.
The man in the video wearing the blue shirt is the suspect, along with a woman wearing a white jacket. Another couple see in the tape aren't suspects, but police would like to question them as witnesses.
pennsylvania, animals, dogs, bizarre bazaar
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 41 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
41 min ago