Shiny dog bowl sparks house fire
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Northern California couple might be able to blame this one on the dog.
Authorities say sun refracted off the dog's shiny water bowl and ignited a fire at Terry and Shay Weisbrich's Santa Rosa home on Wednesday afternoon.
The fire was quickly put out, but it left a hole in the siding.
A local newspaper in Santa Rosa reports that a fire department engineer helped discover the dog bowl's role in the fire.
Rene Torres returned the bowl to its original position during his investigation of the fire's cause. He found it concentrated light right on the area of the home that was charred.
The newspaper says the couple's dog, Toby, had a replacement bowl by the evening.
california, animals, dogs, food, fire, pets, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 59 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 16 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 8 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 25 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 28 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
28 min ago