Shiny dog bowl sparks house fire
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Northern California couple might be able to blame this one on the dog.
Authorities say sun refracted off the dog's shiny water bowl and ignited a fire at Terry and Shay Weisbrich's Santa Rosa home on Wednesday afternoon.
The fire was quickly put out, but it left a hole in the siding.
A local newspaper in Santa Rosa reports that a fire department engineer helped discover the dog bowl's role in the fire.
Rene Torres returned the bowl to its original position during his investigation of the fire's cause. He found it concentrated light right on the area of the home that was charred.
The newspaper says the couple's dog, Toby, had a replacement bowl by the evening.
california, animals, dogs, food, fire, pets, bizarre bazaar
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run