9-inch copter lands in arms of court statue
MARION, Ohio (AP) - May 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- An unwanted modern addition has flown into the arms of a Lady Justice statue that sits atop a county courthouse in north-central Ohio.
A 9-inch, remote-control helicopter flew into Lady Justice on the Marion County Courthouse on April 27 and has been there since - resting on the hilt of her sword more than 100 feet high.
Video producer Terry Cline tells the a local newspaper that he was using the $1,500 camera-equipped helicopter to shoot a promotional video for the city when it was caught by an unexpected breeze.
Since then, Cline has been trying figure out how to get the helicopter back.
County officials say they won't pay to remove it or risk anyone's life for it.
For now, Lady Justice gets to keep her new toy.
ohio, bizarre bazaar
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad