9-inch copter lands in arms of court statue
MARION, Ohio (AP) - May 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- An unwanted modern addition has flown into the arms of a Lady Justice statue that sits atop a county courthouse in north-central Ohio.
A 9-inch, remote-control helicopter flew into Lady Justice on the Marion County Courthouse on April 27 and has been there since - resting on the hilt of her sword more than 100 feet high.
Video producer Terry Cline tells the a local newspaper that he was using the $1,500 camera-equipped helicopter to shoot a promotional video for the city when it was caught by an unexpected breeze.
Since then, Cline has been trying figure out how to get the helicopter back.
County officials say they won't pay to remove it or risk anyone's life for it.
For now, Lady Justice gets to keep her new toy.
ohio, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 44 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 27 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 4 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
58 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
44 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
27 min ago