9-inch copter lands in arms of court statue
MARION, Ohio (AP) - May 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- An unwanted modern addition has flown into the arms of a Lady Justice statue that sits atop a county courthouse in north-central Ohio.
A 9-inch, remote-control helicopter flew into Lady Justice on the Marion County Courthouse on April 27 and has been there since - resting on the hilt of her sword more than 100 feet high.
Video producer Terry Cline tells the a local newspaper that he was using the $1,500 camera-equipped helicopter to shoot a promotional video for the city when it was caught by an unexpected breeze.
Since then, Cline has been trying figure out how to get the helicopter back.
County officials say they won't pay to remove it or risk anyone's life for it.
For now, Lady Justice gets to keep her new toy.
ohio, bizarre bazaar
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 15 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!