This ATM was well built
POTOMAC, Md. (AP) - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's one tough cash machine.
Police in suburban Washington report a trio of crooks tried stealing an ATM with a backhoe.
Security video shows the thieves attempting to yank the ATM from the wall of a Bank of America branch in Potomac, Maryland.
They wrapped a chain around the cash machine and pulled it with the backhoe.
But police says they couldn't get the ATM into a pickup truck.
The crooks took off before police arrived.
Investigators say no money was taken, but the ATM was damaged.
Police are trying to ID the three suspects.
maryland, bank robbery, dumb criminals, money, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 56 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 23 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom