This ATM was well built
POTOMAC, Md. (AP) - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's one tough cash machine.
Police in suburban Washington report a trio of crooks tried stealing an ATM with a backhoe.
Security video shows the thieves attempting to yank the ATM from the wall of a Bank of America branch in Potomac, Maryland.
They wrapped a chain around the cash machine and pulled it with the backhoe.
But police says they couldn't get the ATM into a pickup truck.
The crooks took off before police arrived.
Investigators say no money was taken, but the ATM was damaged.
Police are trying to ID the three suspects.
maryland, bank robbery, dumb criminals, money, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos