Anyone missing an emu?
WALNUTPORT, Pa. (AP) - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ever look eye-to-eye at an emu?
If you have, you must be pretty tall - since the flightless birds from Australia can tower over a 6-foot-3 man.
That man: Roger Leseberg, who says he went outside his home near Allentown, Pennsylvania to check out what he thought was a big wild turkey.
But when he went for a closer look, he got an eyeful of emu.
And when it raised its head, Leseberg says it was much taller than he was.
How'd the emu get there?
Leseberg says authorities told him there are some emu farms in the area - but so far no one has claimed the bird.
pennsylvania, animals, wildlife preservation, pets, trending
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 1 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 48 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 34 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 40 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply