Coin tossing breaks tie in Philippine mayoral race
MANILA, Philippines (AP) - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- What do you do when two candidates running for mayor in the Philippines get exactly the same number of votes? You get them to toss a coin.
Marvic Feraren and Boyet Py both received 3,236 votes for mayor of San Teodoro town in Mindoro Oriental province in Monday's elections.
The Elections Commissions suggested the two men flip a coin five times each, which is allowed under the country's Election Code to break a tie.
Feraren won Tuesday, but not before a second round of coin flipping.
They tied in the first round too.
philippines, election, trending
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 19 min ago
- Breezy And Mild! 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 14 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment 55 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion 22 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Breezy And Mild!
7 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
19 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
14 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp....
22 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos