Dad Admits Poisoning Kids' Soup
ATLANTA (AP) - February 7, 2007 -- A Georgia man has admitted forcing his young children to eat soup laced with hot peppers, lighter fluid and prescription drugs.
Authorities say William Cunningham served the poisoned soup to his three-year-old son and 18-month-old daughter in an attempt to extort money from the Campbell Soup Company. The children recovered after being hospitalized twice last year.
Under a plea deal, Cunningham faces up to five years in federal prison.
According to prosecutors, Cunningham called Campbell and threatened to sue.
(Copyright 2007 by the Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list