Northwest name going away
January 4, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delta Air Lines will phase out the Northwest name.
Delta Air lines Inc. has received government permission to operate its namesake service and its Northwest Airlines subsidiary as a single carrier, a Delta executive said Thursday.
The single operating certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration allows Delta to put its code on Northwest flights and phase out the Northwest name.
That process will be complete in the first quarter of 2010.
Labor issues remain, however.
Though pilots and some smaller work groups from both carriers are operating under joint contracts and seniority lists, flight attendants, gate and reservation agents, and ramp workers have not resolved representation issues.
delta airlines, travel, business/finance
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs