Northwest name going away
January 4, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delta Air Lines will phase out the Northwest name.
Delta Air lines Inc. has received government permission to operate its namesake service and its Northwest Airlines subsidiary as a single carrier, a Delta executive said Thursday.
The single operating certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration allows Delta to put its code on Northwest flights and phase out the Northwest name.
That process will be complete in the first quarter of 2010.
Labor issues remain, however.
Though pilots and some smaller work groups from both carriers are operating under joint contracts and seniority lists, flight attendants, gate and reservation agents, and ramp workers have not resolved representation issues.
delta airlines, travel, business/finance
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 42 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 57 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 16 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 9 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
57 min ago
- Woman digs her way out of locked bathroom
54 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
58 min ago