Northwest name going away
January 4, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delta Air Lines will phase out the Northwest name.
Delta Air lines Inc. has received government permission to operate its namesake service and its Northwest Airlines subsidiary as a single carrier, a Delta executive said Thursday.
The single operating certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration allows Delta to put its code on Northwest flights and phase out the Northwest name.
That process will be complete in the first quarter of 2010.
Labor issues remain, however.
Though pilots and some smaller work groups from both carriers are operating under joint contracts and seniority lists, flight attendants, gate and reservation agents, and ramp workers have not resolved representation issues.
delta airlines, travel, business/finance
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police