Delta hiking fees for checked bags
ATLANTA, GEORGIA - January 12, 2009 -- It will now cost $23 for the first checked bag and $32 for the second bag.
Attention air travelers: That tug at your wallet is about to happen again, courtesy of the world's biggest airline.
Delta Air Lines Inc. is raising its fees to check your first bag on a domestic flight by $8 and the second bag by $7.
It will continue to cost you even more if you don't pay the fees in advance on the airline's Web site.
The new fees are for travel beginning Tuesday on tickets purchased on or after Jan. 5.
Tickets purchased before then, regardless of when the travel begins, are subject to the current fees - $15 for the first bag and $25 for the second.
Elite frequent fliers and certain other customers, including active military personnel on deployment, are exempt from the fees.
delta airlines, business/finance
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft 39 min ago
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death 58 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy 27 min ago
- Sarah Bloomquist checks on area roads
6 min ago
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy
27 min ago
- Top surfer got her start at the Jersey shore
7 min ago