Delta hiking fees for checked bags
ATLANTA, GEORGIA - January 12, 2009 -- It will now cost $23 for the first checked bag and $32 for the second bag.
Attention air travelers: That tug at your wallet is about to happen again, courtesy of the world's biggest airline.
Delta Air Lines Inc. is raising its fees to check your first bag on a domestic flight by $8 and the second bag by $7.
It will continue to cost you even more if you don't pay the fees in advance on the airline's Web site.
The new fees are for travel beginning Tuesday on tickets purchased on or after Jan. 5.
Tickets purchased before then, regardless of when the travel begins, are subject to the current fees - $15 for the first bag and $25 for the second.
Elite frequent fliers and certain other customers, including active military personnel on deployment, are exempt from the fees.
delta airlines, business/finance
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's