Kraft boosts its full-year earnings outlook
NORTHFIELD, Ill. - January 13, 2010 -- Kraft Foods, engaged in a hostile takeover bid for candy maker Cadbury, is boosting its full-year profit outlook after logging strong operating gains, as it spent more on marketing than in the prior year.
The food company, whose products include Maxwell House coffee and its namesake cheese, now anticipates 2009 earnings of at least $2 per share, compared with a prior forecast for a profit of at least $1.97 per share.
Analysts expect full-year earnings of $2 per share.
On Tuesday, Cadbury made its case against Kraft's $16.5 billion bid, saying its annual results would top estimates. The British company also said it will boost dividend payments by 10 percent.
Shares of Northfield, Ill. Kraft Foods Inc. rose 61 cents to $29.90 in premarket trading.
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 14 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 44 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 15 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 35 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
49 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
14 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
44 min ago