Netflix finally coming to the Wii
NEW YORK - January 13, 2010 -- Netflix will come to the Wii this spring.
It's the last of the three current game consoles to get instant viewing of Netflix movies and TV shows over the Internet. Nintendo Co. and Netflix Inc. are set to announce a deal on Wednesday. There's no extra charge for Netflix subscribers who are have plans costing at least $9 a month.
Netflix is hoping to sign up new customers with its exposure to millions of Wii users. Nintendo says more than 26 million Wiis have been sold in the U.S. through December.
Netflix instant viewing is already available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, as well as devices such as the Roku digital video player, some Blu-ray players and Internet-connected TV sets. It's also available on computers.
netflix, nintendo, business/finance
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 6 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?