'Call of Duty' has made $1B, maker says
SANTA MONICA, Calif. - January 13, 2010 -- Video game publisher Activision Blizzard Inc. said Wednesday that the game "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" has brought in more than $1 billion in revenue since it went on sale in November.
The company said the game made about $550 million in its first five days.
By comparison, Activision is expected to report $2.23 billion in overall revenue for the fourth quarter, according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
The "Call of Duty" franchise is Activision's most popular.
The company's stock rose 13 cents to $10.90 in midday trading.
video games, business/finance
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 4 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 4 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 4 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
4 min ago