Volkswagen jobs secure for 100,000 Germans
FRANKFURT - February 16, 2010 -- Volkswagen AG says it has reached an agreement with industrial union IG Metall safeguarding 100,000 German jobs until the end of 2014.
VW said Tuesday that workers in production and at VW Financial Services Germany are covered in the deal that also introduces a performance-related pay scheme. The company and the un ion are also committing to jointly work on increasing productivity.
The agreement covers VW workers at locations including its Wolfsburg headquarters, Hanover and Salzgitter.
The company employed about 370,000 globally in the third quarter 2009.
germany, volkswagen, business/finance
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 18 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 40 min ago
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
3 min ago