Kohl's fourth quarter profit rises
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. - February 25, 2010 -- Kohl's says its profit climbed as the department store chain controlled inventory levels and enjoyed solid holiday sales during its fiscal fourth quarter.
Earnings in the period ended Jan. 30 rose 28 percent to $431 million, or $1.40 per share. Sales increased 9 percent to $5.68 billion.
The performance topped analysts' forecasts for profit of $1.37 per share on revenue of $5.67 billion.
Kohl's Corp. stuck with planned promotions and didn't have to use deep discounts during the holiday season. It also capitalized on exclusive brands and gained market share from the closures of competitors like Mervyn's.
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 28 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 26 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 5-alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 8 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
28 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos