Saab may locate North American HQ in Royal Oak
ROYAL OAK, Mich. - March 16, 2010 -- Saab Spyker Automobiles NV may announce that it is locating its U.S. headquarters in the Detroit suburb of Royal Oak.
Bill Mullan, a spokesman for Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson, tells The Associated Press that a tax incentive for Saab is on the agenda for the Michigan Economic Growth Authority's Tuesday meeting.
Mullan said he could neither confirm nor deny that Saab has chosen Royal Oak as the site of its North American headquarters. But Royal Oak Mayor Jim Ellison told WJBK-TV that he expected Gov. Jennifer Granholm to make the announcement at a Tuesday news conference.
General Motors Co. in January sold Saab to Dutch carmaker Spyker Cars NV in a $74 million deal.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 53 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 28 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 10 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball